|Mother of Sorrows Devotion
|| next >
In a devotion passed on by St. Bridget of Sweden, the Blessed Virgin Mary promised
to grant seven graces to those who console her by daily meditation on the seven
sorrows of her life. Pray one Hail Mary (at least) after meditating on each Sorrow.
THE SEVEN SORROWS
- The prophecy of Simeon, "Thy own soul a sword shall pierce."
- The flight into Egypt, a 30-day journey, in the winter.
- The loss of the child Jesus for three days in Jerusalem.
- The meeting of Jesus and Mary on the Way of the Cross.
- The Crucifixion and death of Jesus on the Cross.
- The piercing of the side of Jesus and taking Him down from the Cross.
- The burial of Jesus in the tomb.
Promises Made by the Blessed Virgin to St. Bridget of Sweden, for those who practice
this devotion daily.
- I will grant peace to their families.
- They will be enlightened about the Divine Mysteries.
- I will console them in their pains and I will accompany them in their work.
- I will give them as much as they ask for as long as it does not oppose the adorable will of my Divine Son
or the sanctification of their souls.
- I will defend them in their spiritual battles with the infernal enemy and I will protect them at every
instant of their lives.
- I will visibly help them at the moment of their death, they will see the face of their mother.
- I have obtained this Grace from my Divine Son, that those who propagate this devotion to my tears and dolors,
will be taken from this earthly life to eternal happiness since all their sins will be forgiven and my Son and I
will be their eternal consolation and joy.
TOP OF PAGE